Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

Spice Rubbed Lamb

Since we haven’t been able to take a vacation for over a year, for Labor Day I decided to plan a “staycation” since we weren’t able to take off any more than the 3 day weekend.  So we pretended like we were in a new city on vacation for 3 days, and as such we ate at some really nice restaurants, and ate a lot.  It seems that once I start eating out and eating unhealthy foods, I crave unhealthy foods so cooking dinner never sounds appetizing.  But, I did force myself to cook one meal this week and I was glad I did because it turned out really well.

½ tsp black pepper
1 tbs curry powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
2 steaks of leg of lamb
Olive oil

Heat a cast iron skillet with 1 turn of olive oil to medium-high heat.  Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the lamb.  Mix the seasonings in a small bowl then sprinkle the seasoning mixture on both sides of the lamb and rub it in with your hands.  Once the skillet is hot, cook the lamb one at a time for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium rare to medium.  Serves 4.

That’s it, tell me you can make something simpler and as tasty as that and I might have to call you a liar.
I served this with roasted potatoes and grilled zucchini and couldn’t have been more pleased with myself.  It really doesn’t take much to make a nice meal that doesn’t take hours to prepare and isn’t a million calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment