Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

Melon, prosciutto and mozzarella appetizer


Like every weekend, J has been at work all day and I am just piddling around the house, sort of cleaning and trying really hard not to waste the whole day on the couch.  During one of my “breaks” I started looking up ideas for date nights at home since we are trying not to go out to eat a   lot.  I came across a website that has some generic ideas about making a nice dinner and talking about your hopes and dreams and stuff like that that I wouldn’t even begin to know how to initiate the conversation.  But, some of the menu ideas did peak my interest.  He came home just as I was starting dinner so it was nice that we got to cook together so it actually did turn into a date night, not just me making a nice dinner.  I don’t remember what we talked about now but I remember it being something really silly, not so much hopes or dreams.



12 1-inch cantaloupe cubes
3 oz thin slices of prosciutto
12 fresh small mozzarella cheese balls
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbs fresh chopped basil
Salt and pepper to taste
4 wooden skewers

Alternate threading 1 melon cube, 1 prosciutto slice and 1 mozzarella ball onto each skewer until you have distributed all of the ingredients between the 4 skewers.
To prepare the dressing mix the olive oil and spices the drizzle over the skewers.  Serve immediately.
Serves 2 as an appetizer

This really couldn’t be easier and is a very light and refreshing appetizer.  I put them on a plate and then drizzled the dressing so there was a bit of a pool of seasoned olive oil on the plate when we were done, would have been good to have had some bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment